Healthy Bread In A Mug Recipe
Written by Erin Freind
Bread is such a popular and convenient comfort food, especially in winter. You can dip it in your soup, have eggs on it or enjoy some jam on toast for breaky.
So what happens when you are told that you shouldn’t eat bread? The wheat and gluten found in bread can adversely effect certain people causing symptoms such as bloating, diarrhoea, gas and stomach pain or you may be allergic to wheat.
If you (like me) love your bread, try this super simple “bread” recipe next time you are feeling like some eggs on toast. It takes a few minutes and best of all doesn’t contain any wheat or gluten.
Let us know what you think!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 egg ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1/4 cup of almond meal or gluten free flour⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 tbl sp flax meal (optional)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2 tsp coconut oil or butter⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 tbl sp of water⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Add all the ingredients to a mug and mix until combined.⠀
- Microwave for 70 – 90 seconds.
- Remove from mug using a knife.
- Slice and enjoy (this is also lovely toasted)